AASB 2019 Internship Program - Call for Applications
The AASB Internship Program
A proven vehicle to a successful career such as at the Big 4 or in the public sector, the AASB Internship Program offers graduate one-year internships to work on standard-setting projects. The program provides graduates the opportunity to:
- receive mentoring from experienced accounting professionals
- assist technical staff on work program projects including drafting standards, undertaking outreach activities with stakeholders, preparing submissions and carrying out research. These could be on topics as diverse as financial instruments with characteristics of equity, service performance reporting, executive remuneration reporting and climate change
- attend AASB Board meetings and meet AASB Board members
- gain exposure to national and global standard setters such as the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board, the IASB and the IPSASB.
Academics: Call to action
We are asking academics to identify their high-achieving students – either in the final year of their undergraduate or master’s degree program in accounting or someone who has recently graduated – who would have an interest in undertaking this internship. If you know of a suitable candidate, please ask them to contact AASB Research Director Professor Christine Helliar no later than Friday 24 August 2018 with the following:
- a covering letter outlining why they are interested in the AASB’s Internship Program
- an up-to-date resume
- an official transcript of results to date.
For more information on the Internship program please contact Christine Helliar at the AASB.