The Financial Reporting Special Interest Group aims to develop a supportive environment for accounting academics and research students in Australia and New Zealand who are engaged in, or wish to engage in financial reporting and other financial accounting research and/or teaching
- Providing a forum for dialogue between academics and practitioners on current and emerging professional issues in relation to financial reporting and pronouncements from the accounting standard setters.
- Disseminating information and communicating members' research interests and emerging issues in research.
- Providing opportunities to present new research ideas and work-in-progress in supportive workshops with more time than is usually available at a conference.
- Initiating, encouraging and facilitating collaborative research.
- Encouraging both new and established researchers in financial reporting and financial accounting research using a variety of methods.
The Financial Reporting (fmr Accounting Standards) Special Interest Group was established in 1995 and currently has approximately 70 members. SIG 3 membership is open to all accounting academics and PhD accounting students.
Financial Reporting SIG event
Thank you to our members for making the workshop a very successful event. Please find below the slideshows available to download:
- Climate Related Disclosures - an Update: April McKenzie
- Accounting Standards Update: Anthony Heffernan, Gali Slyuzberg & Jamie Cattell
- The Australian Standard Setters' Responses to Current Challenges Facing Financial Reporting: Mark Shying
Joining the Financial Reporting Special Interest Group
To become a member of the Financial Reporting SIG you will first need to become a member of AFAANZ.
The fee for AFAANZ membership is AU$155 plus GST for those members residing in Australia and requiring hardcopies of the A & F journal (online access included); and AU$155 for those residing outside Australia.
For those members who only require online access to the A & F journal, the fee is $105 plus GST (Australia residents) and $105 for those residing outside Australia. Note that membership is based on a calendar year.
The fee for the Financial Reporting SIG is AU$22 including GST for applicants residing in Australia and AU$20 for applicants residing outside Australia. Click on the purchase button to gain access to this SIG. You may also "Join this Group" further below to be keep up to date with the latest news and events.
Each year the SIG holds a forum prior to the AFAANZ Conference. The SIG Annual General Meeting is held at the conclusion of the Forum.
|Chair (Aus)||Phil Hancockemail@example.com|
|Committee Member||Tony van Zijlfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Committee Member||Janice Loftusemail@example.com|
|Committee Member||Demi Chungfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Committee Member||Kevin Stevensonemail@example.com|
For more information on the Financial Reporting SIG please contact:
Professor Phil Hancock
UWA Business School - Accounting and Finance
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway CRAWLEY WA 6009
Phone: +61 8 6488 1835