Experience learning and networking opportunities through the AFAANZ Insight Series!
The AFAANZ Insight Series is a monthly event from February to November. In 2021, the highly interactive program will be primarily virtual, providing better access to AFAANZ members across the globe. Enhance your research and teaching skills, get advice on publishing, be informed of recently introduced accounting standards, get hands-on experience of emerging pedagogical technology and connect with your colleagues across Australia, New Zealand and beyond.
Mark your calendar, the next event in the Insight Series is:
Climate change is increasingly recognised as a major source of risk to businesses and the economies in which they operate. In turn, the investment community needs information about how corporations anticipate and respond to climate change risk.
Internationally, policymakers have responded with the recent establishment of the International Sustainability Standards Board by the IFRS Foundation. In New Zealand, the XRB is developing disclosure standards in response to the Government’s plan to implement mandatory reporting on climate risks, while in Australia, the AASB has issued a proposed climate change standards framework for discussion.
The purpose of this Insight Session is to inform and stimulate discussion on the developments in the regulation, preparation and use of disclosures about the management of financial risk of climate change. This insights session provides you with the opportunity to hear from experts engaged in climate change risk reporting, through policymaking, the preparation and use of climate change disclosures, and research.
The insight session will feature a keynote address by Professor Naomi Soderstrom, University of Melbourne, and two panel sessions:
- Policymakers’ perspectives on the challenges of reporting on climate change risk
- Users’ and Preparers’ perspectives on disclosures on climate change risk
The final programme with all sessions and presenters is available HERE
Notes on registering for the above events:
- Click on HERE button above
- Click on Purchase Event button
- Click on Add to Cart button
- Click on Cart icon at top of page
- Check that the item is listed then click on Checkout button
- Login into your AFAANZ account (or create an account) and enter Billing Details if fields are empty then click Next button
- If all looks OK, click on Place Order button and it's all done!
- You will receive a confirmation email as well.
If you have any queries, contact email@example.com
If you wish to become an AFAANZ Member, ECRs can join HERE. For PhD Students, membership is only $20 (exc GST). Please email your full-time enrolment documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a student membership and an invoice
Listed below are the AFAANZ Institutional Members Seminar Series
- Bond University
- Deakin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Griffith University
- LaTrobe University
- Macquarie University
- Monash University
- Queensland University of Technology
- Southern Cross University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Auckland
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of Sydney
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of South Australia - Centre for Applied Finance and Economics
- University of South Australia - Centre for Sustainability Governance
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of Tasmania
- University of Waikato
- University of Western Australia
- University of Wollongong
- Victoria University
- Victoria University of Wellington